Comic Review - The War of the Realms


This big series has finished and, in some way, I’m sad and happy about it. I think the idea was great and Malekith as the main villain is incredible, but in my opinion there were too many characters, but I’ll explain it later. The first thing I want to do is to give my note: 7/10.



Let’s start, the plot is truly good, I like how Malekith has invaded the Realms and now he’s trying to invade Midgard, but the heroes from Earth won’t allow it. Something great was the Black Bifrost, too bad it has been destroyed.

In my opinion, the main characters are: Malekith (the villain of this serie), Frigga (she’s the leader), Loki (he’s act has changed everything), Thor (he ended all) and Jane Foster (she has become the All-Mothers). The four of them are really important for the plot and their decision changed the destiny of the faith.


Loki's Death by his Father

Frigga seeks for revenge Loki

Jane Foster as All-Mother


There were much more characters, in my opinion too much. I love reading stories about my favourites characters and to know any others, but here there were to many issues, I mean we’ve got the main plot and then we’ve got some branches from it. If you wanted to understand the whole story you had to read a lot of issues. Many of them wasn’t in the same timeline than the plot and that disliked me a bit: I was waiting to know something more about the war and I had to read others stories.

Now I’ll list every comic we had to read:
  • -          Asgardians of the Galaxy
  • -           Avengers
  • -          Thor
  • -          Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
  • -          Venom
  • -          Journey into Mystery
  • -          Punisher
  • -          War Scrolls
  • -          Uncanny X-Men
  • -          New Agents of Atlas
  • -          Champions
  • -          Strikeforce
  • -          Spider-Man and the league of Realms
  • -          Giant-Man
  • -          Moongirl and the Devil Dinosaur
  • -          Fantastic Four
  • -          Iron Man
  • -          Deadpool
  • -          Captain Marvel
  • -          Superior Spider-Man

Aren’t they too much? I think it would have been matter with half the issues. There are 59! 

Something I liked a lot is The End, It's awesome how all the Thors get together and fight aganits Malekith. I loved when the hammer came back to Thor and how he became the All-Fathers. Loki resurected and killed his father, that was the thing I loved the must, it was incredible and now it could be the new king of Jotunheim. WOW! Jane Foster as a Valkyrie... I can't wait to read the series, it will be awesome.

What more can I say? I didn’t dislike this series, but neither I loved it. I had a great time reading the story and I love the arc of some characters, like Loki, Frigga, Thor, Venom or Valkyrie (and so sad she has to die, she was one of my faourites characters), but I got a little bit lost with all that issues.

Valkyrie's Death


Let’s see what will be the future of the heroes and how “WOTR” will affect for further issues.

Enjoy!
E.Z.

Comentarios