Marvel 1602... My Opinion


Marvel 1602 is a collection of issues released in 2003, in the 17 Century we can find out some of the superheroes of our times, something curious. It was written by Neil Gaiman, Andy Kubert and Richard Isanove.


When I started reading this series, I wanted to make a brief of each issue and tell my opinion about it, but while I was finishing the last issue my mind changed, I’ll only give my opinion, why? Because it’s a great story and I wish you could read by yourself with any spoilers.

I’ll only tell few things, for example, the story happens in Earth- 616 but in the past, we can see some famous characters with the same superpowers as Sir Nicholas Fury (Nick Fury), Carlos Javier (Charles Xavier), Otto Von Doom (Victor Von Doom), Matthew Murdoch (Matt Murdock), etc. There are also historical characters, as Elizabeth I, James of Scotland and Virginia Dare.

In my opinion, it’s a masterpiece, I did really enjoyed reading it. The plot is perfect and there are many turn I didn’t see coming. Neil Gaiman is a great writer, I’ve read many of his books and I loved, I thought he couldn’t be so good writing a comic but I was wrong.
Every character has a great arc, they all have their places in the story and their personalities don’t change in the past: they will always be heroes or villains in every time; history always happens no matter the time, humans against mutants, betrayals, superpowers...

 Maybe I should tell who’s my favourite character in this series… it’s Stephen Strange, because he must make a big sacrifice to get everything fine again, but I won’t spoil more.

I’m sure this could be a great plot for a movie in the MCU and It could be cool due Disney has bought Fox and can use all the character. I’ll be glad to see this story in the silver screen.

This opinion may be short, but I only wanted to share my opinion, to tell how awesome is this story, how it changed my mind about superheroes in others times and how I want you to encourage to read this magnificent comic; if you are new reading comics, you could start with this series, it won’t disappoint you.  When you’ll read, tell me you opinion.

Enjoy!
E.Z.

Comentarios