X-Men: Dark Phoenix – My opinion [Without/ With Spoilers]


THERE AREN’T SPOILERS IN THIS PART
It was the last movie of a great saga and I thought it would have been better. I expected much more about it and I’m disappointed with the script and the arc of some characters. They should have used more of the comic books.

The fights have been weak and there aren’t many. There were few characters and mutants, I missed a lot of them and I wished to know more or, maybe, to see the ones who appears in the comics.

My score for this film is 5/10. There were some details I loved, like Jean using her powers; that was awesome. Maybe the film should have been longer, I mean, this kind of movie could last more than 2 hours and I missed it. The story is a little bit weak and slowly, I expected more action.

If you like X-Men I recommended it, because it’s the end of a big and great saga, but if you are more interested in the MCU or in DC this film it’s not for you.

LOOK OUT… HERE COME THE SPOILERS



THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS PART

If you keep reading it’s because you have already seen the movie or I hope so.

We’ve already know the story by the trailers and how Jean got her new powers, how she got the Phoenix. Another thing it was clear is Mystique’s death… we all knew this would happened at the beginning. In my opinion it was sad, but something I dislike (in every movie since “First Class”) is the love story between Hank and Raven… it’s been 30 years since they know and they haven’t been together, that was too much.

Some character, mostly Charles, have changed a lot, I didn’t like this new life, I prefer when the X-Men weren’t superheroes. Scott and Jean are together, but I missed to have known more about their relationship, I mean if you haven’t seen the old movies you can’t understand what’s happening. Where was Quicksilver with his amazing powers? I really dislike he get injured at the beginning and we could see him more.

There was a moment in the movie where I thought I was watching a copy of “Civil War”, to band are looking for Jean, one wants to kill her and the other protect her. Can you see the similarity? It’ was really weird. And I also thought I was watching “Captain Marvel” with those “Skrulls” (I know there weren’t Skrulls, but in the first time it would have been like this).
Talking about those aliens… where they came from? They explained nothing about them, if you haven’t read the comics, I think I must be complicated to understand why they are searching the Phoenix.

It was predictable Jean died, she killed Raven and in the comics she dies too, but… I missed a funeral and her partners mourning, Scott didn’t seem bad for his lost and none of the others X-Men. The only thing they did is changing the name of the school for her.

Then, Hank is the new principal and Charles travels to France for his retirement. Erik is there and, it seems, they live together (this part I loved it because I’ve always ship Erik and Charles and it was the best end for both of them), but, Where’s Moira? She has disappear from Charles life and we don’t know how. Everything looks ok… but WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE END OF “DAYS OF FUTURE PAST”? When Logan comes back to the present, Charles and Jean are in the school, so… I can explain what happened there.

I believe this movie would have been much different if Disney hadn’t bought Fox. They know it would be the last movie and they didn’t want to make something great for Disney (we could even see how the soldiers wore MCU in their arms, as a protest). It’s sad because I expected a bigger end for this movies and I dislike almost everything, the X-Men have dead in a bad way and it could have been in a great way.

Enjoy!

E.Z.


Comentarios